27 October 2014

Post-Reading-Week-Post

I just realized that the weekend has slipped past me and I didn't write anything.  I had a lovely reading week - I got some work done (i.e. readings and papers due this week), and I was still able to take some time off to play "tourist" around Halifax and spend some quality time with some of the fiction that has been piling up on my bedside table.

I won't bore you with pictures of the schoolwork that I did, but here are a few pictures I took on my tourist day.  Note that this was the only sunny day we had all week - the rest of the week was perfect for spending sitting at my desk with textbooks or curled up on my sofa with novels.

Looking out to sea from Point Pleasant Park 

The Halifax Citadel 

The Public Gardens - I couldn't pick just one picture from the gardens, so the 
next couple of pictures were all taken here.

The dahlia beds were stunning 

So much colour for late-October. 

Pier 21 is where many immigrants arrived in Canada, and it is now the Canadian Museum of Immigration.  This was an emotional stop for me, as it tells individual stories of the decision to immigrate to Canada as well as the experience of arriving here.  I love my country!

And this picture was taken on a different (less sunny and more windy) day at the 
Lawrencetown beach.  The surfers were out!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about Pier 21.......super emotional. When we were there we found the transcript of my mum arriving in Canada and I lost it! Glad you had a good "reading week" and were able to enjoy some of that beautiful part of our country! :)

    ReplyDelete